Protect Your Business Operations From the Coronavirus With These Recommendations From Google
Posted on Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 at 9:11 pm
[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.74″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
As we are continuing to monitor the current state of the coronavirus (COVID-19) on a day-to-day basis, the McAllen digital marketers of Cobalt Digital Marketing are coming up with the proper solutions within our Cobalt Formulaᵀᴹ in order to protect our clients’ needs throughout this worldwide pandemic.
Rightfully so, many businesses across Texas and the United States are taking the necessary precautions and sanitary protocols in order to prevent the spread of the illness. This includes everything from lowering the hours of operation, sanitizing their environment every so often, and minimizing certain services.
Additionally, Google sent out an email to Google My Business users in regards to what protocols business owners should take during this time period within their listings. With this being said, we would like to take this opportunity to highlight the steps Google is recommending for fellow business owners to take in order to ensure their customers are aware of any changes made because of COVID-19.
Update Your Business Operation Information
With so many families and individuals relying on the internet and other forms of media to be kept up to date with any COVID-19 updates, Google has sent out an email to business owners urging them to update any necessary information in regards to the coronavirus affecting their operations.
In order to give out the most accurate information to its customers during this pandemic, the following listings should be updated via Google My Business:
- Hours of Operation: If your business is minimizing its hours of operation or customer capacity, it is crucial to update this information online so your customers can be aware of the changes.
- Business Descriptions: Updating your business descriptions will help notify your customers if there are any changes in operations and/or delays due to COVID-19.
- Phone Number: This is only if there is a change in the phone number. If this information is already in place, no further action is required.
- Coronavirus-Related Posts: It is recommended to create posts notifying your customers about any changes made to your business that are going into effect as well as any protocols and/or extra services provided in order to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
In addition, the World Health Organization (WHO) and Google have teamed up to launch its “Do The Five” coronavirus prevention campaign in order to inform its users of the essential steps we all need to take to prevent the spread of the disease:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Maintain at least 3 feet from anyone sneezing or coughing, a.k.a. social distancing.
- Avoid touching your face, including the nose, eyes, and mouth.
- Cough into your elbow, if needed.
- Stay at home if you feel sick, and seek medical attention early on, if needed.
Cobalt Digital Marketing: Always Looking Out for Your Health and Your Business
At Cobalt Digital Marketing, part of our award-winning Cobalt Formulaᵀᴹ is to stay on top of all of the recent changes made in digital marketing, regardless if made by Google updates or shifting global events. Your health and safety is our priority, and we want to ensure that communication between you and your customers remains intact during these scary times.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.26.6″ custom_padding=”||0px|||”]
Our Cobalt Formula™ can help your business prosper, reach one of our catalysts today at (866) 224-5705.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_button button_url=”/contact-us” button_text=”Contact Cobalt Digital Marketing Now” button_alignment=”center” _builder_version=”3.26.6″ custom_button=”on” button_text_color=”#ffffff” button_bg_color=”#101a35″ button_border_color=”#101a35″ z_index_tablet=”500″ button_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet=”0px” button_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet=”0px” button_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet=”1px” box_shadow_horizontal_tablet=”0px” box_shadow_vertical_tablet=”0px” box_shadow_blur_tablet=”40px” box_shadow_spread_tablet=”0px” locked=”off” custom_padding=”0px|||||”][/et_pb_button][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]