Google Ads Update Now Gives You An Insight On Recent Performance Changes
Posted on Monday, December 16th, 2019 at 1:09 pm
[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.22″ custom_padding=”||0px|||”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.74″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
During the first week of December, Google Ads rolled-out a new beta feature that will allow users to see what changes are being made performance-wise within your Google Ads campaign(s). This new beta-feature, referred to as “Explanations,” was developed with the overall objective to save users time by getting straight to the point with precise performance change analytics and diagnosis – all in a single location.
The McAllen digital marketers and SEO experts of Cobalt Digital Marketing are here to break down everything you need to know about this new Google Ads beta feature.
What to Know About “Explanations”
Explanations is meant to be the go-to solution within Google Ads to see what is currently affecting your campaign(s) and ad groups.
According to Google, “You can view the most likely reasons for impression, click, and cost changes with the click of a button. This makes it easy for you to spend more time focusing on optimization, and less time investigating performance issues.”
As this feature is still currently being developed, there are a few things to take into account when using it:
- It is only currently available for manual CPC and/or eCPC Search campaigns.
- You are able to compare (2) two different time periods of equal length from the last 90 days.
- It will only show those campaigns that have seen a significant change within Performance.
Key Factors and Areas “Explanations” Focuses On
- Bid Changes: Will be able to show how many times your ad has been shown, where it was seen, and how any modifications made have affected your ad.
- Bid Modifier Changes: Will focus on the changes that affect the performance on the campaign in terms of device bid modifiers, location bid modifiers, demographic bid modifiers, and audience bid modifiers.
- Budget Changes: Will be able to tell you how any changes to your budgeting plan may have impacted the ad’s ongoing traffic.
- Budget Allocation: Will be able to tell you how spreading your budget through different entities may have affected your current performance.
- Budget Exhaustion Rate: Will show you how changing your average cost-per-click (CPC) will affect your overall budget at the current rate it’s at.
- Eligibility: Highlights how certain factors came into play within your ad’s traffic eligibility.
- Change History: How any recent changes or modifications affected the performance of your account overall.
- Targeting Changes: How any changes or modifications in terms of location targeting, keywords targeting, keyword status, and adding/removing an audience will affect your performance.
- Auction Competitions and Search Interest: How any changes or modifications made within search volume on search partners or opt-in/opt-out of search partners will affect your overall performance.
How to Access Explanations
Accessing this feature within your Google Ads account is pretty straight-forward. After you have signed-in to your account:
- Go to the navigation menu on the left and select Search Campaigns.
- From the page menu, select either Campaigns or Ad Groups.
- From the top-right corner of your screen, select the down arrow alongside the date range.
- Select on the toggle next to the Compare option to turn on a second date range.
- Choose the exact dates you want to compare within the top range.
- Select Previous Period under Compare.
- Hit the apply button to view the results side-by-side within your performance chart.
- You will be able to detect a “%” change applied below the numbers in your performance metrics columns. You will see either a +X% or a -X% symbol. Major changes will be able to be identified as they are marked within a blue highlight.
- In order to see the exact specifics within your performance change, select More Details.
While Google still works on fully developing this exciting feature over the next couple of months, the McAllen SEO experts of Cobalt Digital Marketing are able to utilize tools like these and ultimately take your business to the next level with our award-winning Cobalt Formula.
How the Cobalt Formula Can Elevate Your Sales
At Cobalt Digital Marketing, our team of McAllen digital marketers, (or “catalysts” as we call them) are fully engaged with the idea of building brands from the ground up.
With this idea in mind, our Catalyst will be able to develop the right Cobalt Formula for you, which will lead to expanding your online audience engagement. The Cobalt Formula can be tailored to best suit your business’ overall goals and aspirations.
And with the right data analytics tools and resources, such as Explorations, we are able to provide the most effective results. The longer you hesitate on reaching your online audience, the more sales you are potentially losing. So why wait?
Our Cobalt Formula™ can help your business prosper, reach one of our catalysts today at (866) 224-5705.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_button button_url=”/contact-us” button_text=”Contact Cobalt Digital Marketing Now” button_alignment=”center” _builder_version=”3.26.6″ custom_button=”on” button_text_color=”#ffffff” button_bg_color=”#101a35″ button_border_color=”#101a35″ z_index_tablet=”500″ button_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet=”0px” button_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet=”0px” button_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet=”1px” box_shadow_horizontal_tablet=”0px” box_shadow_vertical_tablet=”0px” box_shadow_blur_tablet=”40px” box_shadow_spread_tablet=”0px” locked=”off”][/et_pb_button][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]