Building a Brand is Important to Your Google Ranking
Posted on Friday, August 3rd, 2018 at 11:01 pm
[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.74″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
Let’s face it. There is all sorts of false information circulating the web and it’s making it harder for content creators. Kind of makes you wish that there was a better way to build visitor confidence in your business website.
Actually, we digital marketers know there is.
Our catalysts at Cobalt Digital Marketing have a solid understanding of how to restore visitor confidence in your products, services, and website. And it all starts with building up your brand.
[bctt tweet=”As per Harvard Business Review, 64% of consumers claim that shared values are the primary reason they have relationships with a brand. #StandByYourBrand #CobaltDigitalMarketing” username=””]
What Does “Building Up Your Brand” Mean?
Branding is anything that helps potential customers recognize your company. Branding often includes:
- Your company name
- Your company logo
- Particular color schemes (e.g. the red and white of a Coca-Cola can)
- Your branding style or message (i.e. word choice, company voice, language used in advertising)
- How you advertise (e.g. TV, radio, digital, social media, content marketing, etc.)
- Any slogans your business has (e.g. McDonald’s “I’m Lovin’ It.”)
- Any particular fonts (e.g. Coca-Cola’s font)
The truth is, any company can have all of these and still be unsuccessful at converting leads into paying customers. You won’t get far if you aren’t consistent.
Consistency helps regular, everyday people—potential customers—recognize your company as they see it now. Customers demand honesty from businesses. Your content can be packed with a lot of valuable information. Your company can even bend itself backward to provide A+ customer care, but if your customers don’t see you in a good light light, then branding (or rebranding in some cases) will have to become a priority in order for your business to thrive.
So What Does Branding Have To Do With Google Rankings?
The Internet is saturated with information, both good and bad. If your business isn’t a recognized source of trustworthy content, products, or services, you’re going to get buried in Google’s rankings.
If you really want your business to not only survive but thrive, working on your digital marketing brand should be your top priority. Why?
Because branding helps establish your business as a credible entity. Seriously! Think about running a search on Google to find a recipe for lasagna. Usually, one of the firsts websites (if not the first) you’ll run across is AllRecipes.
That’s because AllRecipes has worked hard to establish itself as a trusted source for culinary cuisines. Google not only selects it because the query hits all the optimized terms, but as more searchers click on AllRecipes over competitors, it relays back to Google that AllRecipes’ website is the one visitors prefer.
But still. Let’s keep things in perspective.
It’s not that branding was the defining factor for AllRecipes’ Google ranking. They still understood the importance of SEO and employed the necessary techniques to make their way to the top. But their branding did influence the visitors enough to help them get that top seed.
Branding, in a nutshell, helps build trust which, in turn, brings more traffic to your website. By building up a reputable and trustworthy brand, you are doing your part to clear out misinformation within your particular niche, industry, or market.
While building up your brand will have its challenges, it is definitely worth the hard work.
[bctt tweet=”As per Content Marketing Institute, 91% of business-to-business marketers use content marketing to promote brand awareness. #CobaltDigitalMarketing” username=””]
What Can I Do To Help Build My Brand Digitally?
Building a brand from scratch is no easy feat. It requires a lot of introspection about what your company goals are, what your brand voice will sound like—possibly even creating a style guide for your writing team—and a lot of the other aspects. But if you’re willing to put in the effort, here’s what you’ve got to do:
- Blog Branded Content Frequently – Blogging content once a month will only get you minimal results when it comes to creating a brand. But blogging weekly or even daily can produce some solid results. When your visitors expect that your business will deliver content regularly, they will visit your site much more frequently. As a result, they will often Google your brand to return to more of it later on. That’s why news sites that blog multiple times a day always generate a lot of brand queries.
- Socialize – Social media is a revolutionary tool that can really enhance your brand voice. Use Facebook and Twitter to promote your branded blog, Instagram for enticing images (especially retailers and restaurants), and YouTube for video content of your services in action.
- Get the Camera Rolling – Create video that is consistent with your brand voice and is related to your products and/or services. This is a great way to gain visibility and to establish your brand.
- A Little Public Speaking – Speaking at a conference is another way to get your brand going. Conferences can bring in an influx of people that may not be aware of your brand, and if you record your session and upload it to YouTube – or if you’re lucky enough to have gotten the attention of the local newspaper – that number can grow significantly.
- Create a Quality Product or Service – Quality must always be improved on, and if you adhere to this crucial rule, your brand will generate a lot more queries from Google. Why? Because word-of-mouth is still one of the best ways to advertise, and the more your products and services impress someone, the more likely they are to express their happiness about your business.
Branding is an important process to undertake if you want your business to prosper. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
Brand building is just one of the many digital marketing skills we have in our arsenal.
Our Cobalt Digital Marketing catalysts have been hard at work, feverishly researching the best digital marketing practices so that your business website can attract as much traffic as possible. Building a brand is just one of many things we can do to get you the quickest return on investment possible.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.26.6″ custom_padding=”||0px|||” locked=”off”]
Our Cobalt Formula™ can help your business prosper, reach one of our catalysts today at (866) 224-5705.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_button button_url=”/contact-us” button_text=”Contact Cobalt Digital Marketing Now” button_alignment=”center” _builder_version=”3.26.6″ custom_button=”on” button_text_color=”#ffffff” button_bg_color=”#101a35″ button_border_color=”#101a35″ z_index_tablet=”500″ button_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet=”0px” button_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet=”0px” button_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet=”1px” box_shadow_horizontal_tablet=”0px” box_shadow_vertical_tablet=”0px” box_shadow_blur_tablet=”40px” box_shadow_spread_tablet=”0px” locked=”off” custom_padding=”0px|||||”][/et_pb_button][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]